While CBD has exploded on the scene as an all natural “miracle cure” for seemingly everything (a lot of science but also alot of hype), CBD Gummies have seemed to exploded even quicker in popularity. One of the main reasons is simply that they’re a fun, easy and tasty way to consume CBD on the go. Dropping a dose of the best CBD Oil under your tongue may be effective but it isn’t going to taste very good. And while there are many ways to use CBD oil in foods, Gummies are more rapidly absorbed by your body making it a quick way to get the desired effects while also being able to regulate the dosage. Any while many people love CBD Capsules as part of a daily regimen, Gummies are more fun 🙂
Our Favorite CBD Gummies
Absolute Nature is one of the companies that actually provides their independant lab results for every single batch of CBD product…which is amazing. Their all natural Vegan full spectrum CBD fruit slice gummies are made with Organic, non-GMO hemp following the highest standards at every step of growing, harvesting, extraction and bottling process.
First of all, here are some key terms to get familiar with:
- CBD isolate: pure CBD, with no other cannabinoids or THC
- Broad-spectrum CBD: contains most cannabinoids, but it generally doesn’t include THC
- Full-spectrum CBD: contains all of the plant’s cannabinoids, including THC
Benefits of CBD Gummies
CBD has been shown to provide a number of benefits for everything from anxiety to acne to joint pain. CBD is also increasingly being used as an all natural alternative to more addictive pain medications. The research at this point is indisputable. The question, then is, what’s the best way to consume CBD? CBD Gummy bears have emerged as an extremely popular alternative to just consuming CBD oil. Among the remarkable features that CBD gummies possess include:
- Long-lasting effects: These gummies are consumed orally, just like the other CBD products taken through the mouth. That technically means that gummies do have slower onset as compared to CBD oil even though they give the user long-lasting effects. The intensity of this effect, however, is dependent on the potency of the gummy that a user consumes.
- Moderate concentration: The majority of the gummies contain around 10-30 mg for each count, even though it is easy to find gummies that have up to 100 mg. The perfect potency for a gummy depends on different factors affecting the user. Such factors can be their weight, type of effects they want to experience, and their age. The majority of the user prefers 10-30 mg. However, the big-bodied or those with severe symptoms will require a much higher count in their routine.
- Full-spectrum vs. isolate: Full spectrum products contain a wide array of non-psychoactive cannabinoids such as cannabigerol (CBG) or cannabinol (CBN) and terpenes as well as THC. In contrast, isolate products have only CBD. Most CBD gummies are 99% pure isolate. If they have a broad-spectrum, it is evident that CBD is separated from the THC.
- Different flavors: CBD gummies are manufactured in a distinct variety of flavors, which include exotic, fruity, sour, and herbal options. The full-spectrum gummies have added sugar to cover the natural taste of CBD.
- Sweeteners vs. sugars: The CBD gummies can be added a sweet taste using natural fruit juices and other concentrates. Some businesses will make good use of sweeteners such as stevia, aspartame, or erythritol, while others will add on regular sugar to enhance the taste of their CBD gummies. In case you want to use CBD gummies but have a medical issue and you are not supposed to consume sugars, then it is vital to look for CBD gummies that contain natural sweeteners.
- Vegan and gluten-free: Vegans and people allergic to gluten can now easily enjoy CBD gummies. Most of these gummies in the market do not contain any vegan or gluten. However, it is crucial to always look at the product labels or maybe talk to representatives of the company to be sure of the ingredients to the gummies.
- Affordability: Well, CBD gummies are quite pricier than the Haribo bears, but if you consider the high quality of ingredients used to manufacture these gummies, then you will agree their prices are quite reasonable. If you study, for example, one package that has 30 pieces is $20, it is a fair price for the product.
Are These Gummies Safe?
Almost all the products that are made up of CBD oil and this includes the CBD gummies are generally safe for use as long as a trusted source manufactured them. They are known to possess great pain-relieving and relaxing properties, and the side effects are very few, if any, for that matter. If you take the right amount of dosage, then you are almost safe from any side effects the product may be having. Some of the usual CBD side effects may include:
- Dry mouth: Cannabinoid-based products will usually bring about with them this side effect. The CBD interacts typically with the controllers of saliva production, which results in the moderate or mild dryness in your mouth. You could also start to experience feelings of being thirsty, and that typically happens when you consume gummies with high CBD content. The solution to this is to stay well hydrated during this time. You will not feel the dryness of your mouth.
- Dizziness: Some of the CBD users usually experience dizziness as a result of a drop in blood pressure after they have used the CBD gummy. It is recommended that the users who have health issues or are under medication to first seek advice from a doctor before they can start using the CBD gummies.
- Diarrhea: High doses of CBD can affect your stomach. That may result in severe diarrhea and stomach upset. It is, therefore, lucrative to enjoy only the recommended doses of the CBD gummies.
- Increased appetite: CBD is said to be a suppressant when it comes to appetite, but the opposite is true to some users. They have recorded increased appetite after consuming CBD gummies, which may be attributed to the sugars present. People with diabetes are advised to stay clear of the CBD gummies that contain excess sugars. Such individuals are encouraged only to consume sugar-free gummies.
Can CBD Gummies Make You High?
These gummies are known to make you feel relaxed, but they cannot make you high as compared to how the THC products work. Check out our CBD FAQ for a full download on CBD. Full-spectrum gummies may have small traces of THC but generally not more than 0.3%. While CBD gummies do not have any psychoactive effects that will give you that “high” feeling, consuming them in high doses CAN make some people drowsy. For this reason, when starting out, new users of CBD gummies are advised to start small so they can test the effects and dosage of the gummies…and never take them if you’ll need to be alert (like say, driving in a car).
CBD Gummies for Sleep
Research has shown that CBD Gummies can be very effective for getting maximum rest and REM during your sleep. One of the most effective (and common) ways to do this is to consume the gummies with melatonin right before bed. Some gummies will combine the two together but we recommend actually taking 2 gummies….one for CBD and one for melatonin right before bed. It’s only one more gummy (who’d argue with that?) and you’re consuming the purest and most efficient form of each. Let the CBD providers stick to CBD products and likewise for the Melatonin products. Our recommended Melatonin gummies are:
CBD Gummies Dosage
It may trickle down to the percentage of CBD content in the gummies. A gummy may have around 5 to 100 mg, and so if your gummies are more concentrated, then you need to do just a few. No dosage fits all for the CBD gummies as the optimal quantity largely depends on the biological factors. Below is a table that shows the general dosage recommended for the first-timers based on the weight of their bodies. Take the lowest range in the category you fall if you have never done CBD before.
Depending on your weight, this is a good general guideline for what would constitute a small, medium and large dose:
|Weight||Low Dose||Medium Dose||Large Dose|
|Less than 130 lbs||10 mg – 11 mg||12 mg – 14 mg||15 mg – 17 mg|
|130 – 230 lbs||17 mg – 18 mg||19 mg – 23 mg||24 mg – 27 mg|
|More than 230 lbs||22 mg – 23 mg||24 mg – 30 mg||31 mg – 42 mg|