|March 6, 2014||
PureHeart Probiotic: An Evidence-Based Probiotic for Heart Health*
The estimated 10-100 trillion bacteria that inhabit the digestive tract express an array of genes exceeding the human genome by a magnitude of 150.1,2 Collectively known as the microbiome, these genes endow bacteria with metabolic capabilities that influence nutrient absorption, energy balance, body composition, lipid and lipoprotein homeostasis, and other factors related to cardiometabolic health.*
A novel strain for heart health*
The confluence of the microbiome and cardiometabolic health has intrigued scientists for several decades. Over the past two years, several recent randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials have investigated a unique strain of Lactobacillus reuteri known as NCIMB 30242.1,3,4 The studies have demonstrated consistent and significant support for healthy lipid profiles. Twice-daily supplementation with 2.9 billion CFU promoted healthy cholesterol metabolism, blood flow and apolipoprotein ratios, with statistically and clinically significant support within only 6-9 weeks.3,4*
How does it work?
NCIMB 30242 was specifically developed for cardiovascular applications because it expresses a high level of an enzyme known as bile salt hydrolase (BSH).5 The body uses cholesterol to make bile acids, which are modified and released into the gut. BSH “marks” the bile acids in a way that confines them to the gut, promoting their excretion. This fate supports a healthy balance of cholesterol accumulation and elimination.*
Clinical application made simple
NCIMB 30242 is the only probiotic that is substantiated by peer reviewed, published clinical trials for its ability to support healthy lipid profiles.1,3,4 Available exclusively to the professional supplement market as PureHeart® Probiotic, NCIMB 30242 is empowering health care providers with a novel approach to cardiovascular support. With a mechanism of action unique from other modalities, PureHeart® Probiotic is a prudent addition to any cardiometabolic protocol. Formulated to match the clinically researched potency of 2.9 billion colony forming units (CFU), to be taken twice daily, PureHeart® Probiotic offers seamless translation of research to clinical practice.1*
Guaranteed identity and potency
Pure Encapsulations authenticates genus, species and strain of every probiotic ingredient through independent microbiology laboratories using state-of-the-art genetic and phenotypic identity testing. Control of temperature and moisture exposure during manufacturing ensures stability and full viability. Finished product potency testing ensures full label claim through the date of expiration.
The peer-reviewed clinical science behind PureHeart® Probiotic is a unique development in evidence-based cardiometabolic medicine. Learn how Pure Encapsulations brings clinically reliable probiotics to your practice at http://www.pureencapsulations.com/education-research/probiotic-focus.
- Heim KC. Kelly C. Heim, PhD: Effects of the Gut Microbiome on Cardiovascular Health. Altern Ther Health Med (2014) 20(S1):62-64.
- Deshpande G, Rao S, Patole S. Progress in the field of probiotics: Year 2011. Curr Opin Gastroenterol (2011) 27(1):13-18.
- Jones ML, Martoni CJ, Prakash S. Cholesterol lowering and inhibition of sterol absorption by Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242: A randomized controlled trial. Eur J Clin Nutr (2012) 66(11):1234-1241.
- Jones ML, Martoni CJ, Di Pietro E, et al. Evaluation of clinical safety and tolerance of a Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242 supplement capsule: A randomized control trial. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol (2012) 63(2):313-320.
- Taranto MP, Sesma F, Pesce de Ruiz Holgado A, de Valdez GF. Bile salts hydrolase plays a key role on cholesterol removal by Lactobacillus reuteri. Biotechnology Lett (1997) 19(9):845-847.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.